WHAT IS THE GRAVITY BOWL?
South Africa's most sought after boulder comp!
Hosted annually, (with a couple of years of pandemic not included) the Gravity Bowl brings international standard competition bouldering to the climbing community in South Africa, along with a great after party of course!
It includes qualification rounds for all climbers and a final round where advanced climbers get to battle it out for the annual Gravity Bowl trophy!
Saturday 15 July 2023
Bloc 11: Location to be confirmed!
HOW DOES THE COMP RUN?
We start off with a morning boulder round, which is also the qualifier for fanatics finalists. This is a comp for ALL AGES AND ABILITIES! We have 40 boulder problems set, so plenty of climbing for everyone!
We include categories for:
- Under 13 (Anyone born in 2012 or younger)
- Under 18 (Anyone born between 2005 and 2013)
- Kooks (I have just started out / have been climbing for under a year)
- Weekend Warriors (I climb out of bed, go to the gym fairly regularly and dabble in the outdoors)
- Fanatics (Everything I do revolves around climbing....)
We then have an evening final for advanced competitors battling it out for the Gravity Bowl 5 winners title! This CANNOT be missed and we welcome as much support for our finalists as possible!
And then after prize giving the best part.....
The AFTER PARTY!
WHAT IS THE COST?
R250 Entry to the competition
R500 Entry to the competition + Gravity Bowl Shirt
**A limited number of shirts will be sold on the day for R300.